Pages

Silent Words

Silent Words

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Before I Am Dead

Waking up drenched in sweat,
Realizing it’s nothing but a nightmare,
I get up to drink a glass of water,
To drown the fear that woke me up !!

Sins I have done plenty,
I do not know if the good I did is enough,
To grant me a passage to heaven,
Or worse, born again as human !!

Never cared for what people thought,
Never worried about those who left,
Never a minute I spent crying over split milk,
What had to happen, had to happen !!

What I was yesterday is what I am today,
Yet people think I have changed, I wonder why !!
I take life as it comes,
No expectations and no demands !!

With the guillotine waiting at every step,
Uncertainty looms large over tomorrow,
I fear I need to live every moment
Of today before I am dead !!

No comments:

Post a Comment