Pages

Silent Words

Silent Words

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Where Did They Go

As the sunlight slowly faded away,
The city lights flickered on, one by one,
Illuminating everything on the outside,
And casting a shadow on the inside;

As time slowly ticked past,
The darkness inched closer and closer,
Spreading its shadows across the land,
My inner self comes alive;

As much as i struggle and curl underneath the blanket,
My fears come alive, and slowly engulfs me from the inside,
And tears up the mask that i so successfully put on during the day;

Fears that torment me from the inside during the day,
Comes alive as soon the light fades away and i am back into my den,
With a mind of its own, tormenting me every single night,
Sometimes i wished i was dead;

Surrounded by many,
Yet isolated and alone,
I try to reach out to people,
But succeed in grasping just empty air;

Struggling to keep my sanity,
I plunge myself into darkness,
For its the only place to hide,
To cope with all this,
I give up and cry myself to sleep;

It’s tiresome to want something you don’t have, and each morning,
I wake with loneliness by my side, each day I walk with it’s presence,
In my footsteps, each night it lies hand in hand with my insomnia;

Perhaps i have become invisible ?
Or have i become just an figment of imagination ?
They cried on my shoulders and i soaked up their tears,
Asking for nothing in return, but when i need someone,
Where did they all go ?

No comments:

Post a Comment